I’m a Brazilian born and raised surfer who moved to North America to pursue the waves of my dreams. I first settled in California and ended up in Canada with a pit stop in Australia. I have been teaching surfing and standup paddle boarding on the Great Lakes and beyond for a few years and am a certified coach by the International Surfing Association. My yoga journey began thirteen years ago and I have been teaching mindfulness meditation and movement classes for the past two years. I am a 200-hr certified yoga teacher by the Yoga Alliance as well as a Level 1 Ginástica Natural instructor. I have recently participated in a 10 day silent meditation retreat and have been co-teaching the Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction program in Toronto. My approach to teaching is holistic mixing surfing, yoga and meditation to condition body and mind while nurturing the soul. In Toronto, I founded Surf the Greats—a community organization focused on surf education, adventure and lifestyle on the Great Lakes and beyond.
I first learned to surf in Australia in 2008. I surfed around the northern beaches in Sydney, some of the Gold Coast and a bit in New Zealand. After that I was lucky enough to get an assistant instructor position at a surf camp in north Spain. For two consecutive summers I helped introduce surfing to so many people and maintain contact with a lot of them to this day.In between summers I surfed France and Morocco. Since then I have discovered surfing the lakes in Canada and enjoyed Nova Scotia’s fun waves as well. Lastly, in November of 2015 I completed a five day lifeguard course and became certified as an International Surfing Association level 1 Surf Coach. I have been teaching surfing on the Great Lakes and beyond with Surf the Greats for a year and I am super proud of and love sharing my passion with other people.
This Surf the Greats Adventure is taking you to one of the greatest, most legendary surf breaks in the world, Chicama, Peru.
It is the longest surfable left hand point break on Earth, where you will enjoy 8 days surfing this leg quaking left, while being pampered at The Chicama Boutique Hotel and Spa. Perfect and extremely long waves plus high end services will be the highlights of this once in a lifetime surfing adventure.
Join us for this surf camp experience of your life. During this 7 day trip, you will learn to surf with our experienced instructors certified by the International Surfing Association. In addition to daily surf practice and lessons, we incorporate yoga and mindfulness meditation to your learning. This allows the body to recover from your surf sessions, while teaching your mind the ideal state of mind to practice the sport.
- Transportation to and From the Hotel
- Surf Lessons
- 2 Zodiac towback sessions per day
- Daily Yoga Sessions
- Tour to the Museo de Brujo Sacred Site
- 3 Meals a day
- Water with meals
Pricing & Registration
(Price in Canadian Dollars)
Package with Surf Camp for Beginners
Single Room w/private bathroom: CAD$ 2,995.00
Double Room w/private bathroom: CAD$ 2,795.00
Triple Room w/private bathroom: CAD$ 2,595.00
Package without surf camp for intermediate/advanced surfers
Single Room w/private bathroom: CAD$ 2,795.00
Double Room w/private bathroom: CAD$ 2,495.00
Triple Room w/private bathroom: CAD$ 2,195.00
For More Information and Registration, please contact Surf The Greats at: https://surfthegreats.org/pages/chicama
All rooms have a private bathroom and either King or twin beds depending on the type of room. All rooms have a private terrace where guests can enjoy Chicama´s beautiful sunsets - ocean and/or garden views. Single, double and triple rooms available. Bottle of water provided each day per room.
Check out our digs for the week: http://chicamaboutiquehotel.com
Their will be a shuttle waiting for you at Trujillo Airport on Saturday February 24th at 10:00am. We highly recommend that you fly into Lima at least a day early to get settled and prepare to make the quick 1:00 hour flight to Trujillo. All connections must be made though Lima. If you are unable to make the 10:00am shuttle (from Trujillo airport) we can arrange other transportation for you to get to the Hotel at an additional charge.
If you have the time and desire, Machu Picchu is an option for you to visit. It will requite flying from Trujillo to Lima and Lima to Cusco. The adventure to one of the world’s 7 wonders will be undertaken as an addition to the retreat at your choosing. All bookings and tour options with be run through: www.alternativeincatrails.com. Please see the website to choose which amazing tour option you would like and book through them directly. This tour will be booked at your own expense.
SURFING & YOGA
- 5 surf lessons with tow-back service
- 2 theory & technique lessons
- Detailed information on surf technique & local spots
- 3 group discussions to define and assess expectations, learning objectives and outcomes
- Experienced surf instructors certified by the International Surfing Association
- 3:1 Student/Guide Ratio
- Ongoing technique analysis and individual feedback
- Possibility of surfing other breaks (according to skill level and conditions)
- Possibility of surfing additional sessions with tow-back service depending on progress
- Surfboard rentals
- Daily pre-surf mindfulness meditation sessions
- 6 Yoga Classes (Tidal Flow, Restorative, Ginástica Natural, Surf Conditioning)
- Suitable for all levels
- Classes designed to maximize your surfing experience
- Active classes to activate and strengthen muscle groups required for surfing
- Restorative classes stretch, relax and allow your body to recover from your sessions
- Expect lots of surf movements on the mat to get you ready to surf
- Mindfulness meditation sessions help you stay in control of your breath and your mind in and out of the water
- High end accommodation in private boutique hotel
- Private room with 1 king size bed
- Shared room with 2 twin size beds
- All rooms with private bathrooms
- Private terrace for each room
- Ceiling fans
- Safe box
- Infinity pool and relaxing deck
- Lounging areas throughout the property
- Daily maid service
- Complimentary filtered water
- Concierge Service
- Free Wi-Fi