We are delighted to be offering our inaugural Everessence and Robust Vitality detox and plant medicine retreat. Set in the beautiful Sacred Valley amidst the majestic Andes mountains of Peru. In this pristine environment, surrounded by beautifully landscaped gardens, we will guide you through a deeply regenerative and empowering week of cleansing body, mind and spirit.
The program will include a highly nutritious vegan diet of cooked and raw foods, detoxing cold pressed juices, local herbal teas, elixirs and healthy snacks. Combined synergistically these foods and drinks will alkalize and detox the body in a gentle and natural way.
As well as daily yoga and movement practice, we will be giving a series of informative and practical workshops exploring many themes including: Ayurvedic cleansing practices, mineral salt and plant baths, herbal oils and medicines, plant diets, energetic and personal space clearing, plant based nutrition, chemical free body care and meditation practices. A take home information pack will give you the tools needed to implement these practices and assimilate nutritious eating habits into your everyday life.
As a group, we will have the opportunity to partake in a traditional Andean sweat lodge ceremony, led by a family of local shamans who share their wisdom and laughter with great integrity. We also offer the option to partake in ancient traditional plant medicines: Ayahuasca and Huachuma. These ceremonies take place in the luxurious, intentionally designed temple space with underfloor heating, beautiful sky window, embedded crystal grid and well appointed amenities. The space is held by a wonderful team of dedicated and experienced facilitators.
Holistic therapy practitioners are available during your stay should you wish to book bodywork or healing treatment sessions in addition to your retreat package. We will be offering optional visits to local Sacred Incan sights, and natural hot springs. Itineraries for visiting the incredible archeological site of Machu Picchu can also be arranged for you (undertaken at your own cost).
Fly into Cusco, Peru
We suggest arriving 1 to 2 days before the retreat start date to explore Cusco and acclimatize to the altitude. On the 13th of November our shuttle will be waiting to meet you and other guests and will bring you directly to the retreat centre www.thesourceperu.com
This will be an incredible 1:15 hour ride through the Sacred Valley to the small town of Arin, situated at the base of a spectacular 100 foot waterfall.
Space is limited on this retreat, so please sign up early.
In the main lodge, our twelve primary guest rooms are split between two floors, with each level boasting a huge shared bathroom containing beautifully mosaic floor, multiple glass shower stalls and on demand hot water. Guest rooms are beautifully appointed with two roomy dressers and two exceptionally comfy single beds dressed with two pillows, high thread count linens, thick duvet and alpaca wool blankets. All rooms open out to beautiful views of the gardens or the valley.
Though the Source is located in a beautiful, secluded spot in the Sacred Valley, laundry service and 24hr wifi are available.
When people think of Peru, Machu Picchu is what first comes to mind. As one of the 7 wonders of the world, this ancient sacred Incan sight, nestled in the high Andes mountains is a site not to be missed and is a great way to cap off your experience with us. There are several options for exploring the site and surrounding area, a tailor made itinerary can be organized for you, in addition to the retreat package, through a recommended local agent.
For more information on Machu Picchu please contact our agent Alain directly: alternativeincatrails.com
(quote: Julian DeVoe / The Source as your reference).
Katy Cox combines her love of Yoga and her culinary passions with a background in holistic wellness and nutrition (British Association of Nutritional Therapists) to offer a comprehensive approach to optimum wellness and vitality. Her food is best described as ‘high vibrational cuisine’ created using a delicious blend of love, superfoods and alchemy! Katy currently works internationally as a private Chef / Nutritional Therapist and Yoga instructor. She specializes in restorative yoga, Yin yoga and relaxation techniques as well as drawing from elements of Kundalini and tantric practice. She employs her yoga training mainly with her private clients but also enjoys sharing in a group setting.
Learn more about Katy at her website: everessencenutrition.com.
- Signup: $2199 Starting July 1st
Minimum Nonrefundable Deposit = $500.00
Full Payment Due by September 13th
Cost does not include PayPal fees/Tax
Sample Itinerary (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
Day 1: 13th Nov
Arrive by shuttle waiting at designated pickup location(s) to bring you to the Source. The 1:15 hour trip takes you briefly through the city, then into the gorgeous Sacred Valley. Upon arrival at the center you will be met by Katy & Julian and Source staff. Welcome lunch/dinner with evening opening circle and introductions. Celestial sleep under the Milky Way.
Day 2: 14th Nov
- 8:00-9:30 am: Morning yoga / movement practice to invigorate and center the body and mind.
- 9:30 am: Delicious high frequency breakfast.
- 11:00am: Traditional Andean Despacho Ceremony to bless the start of our journey as a group and to harmonize with the energies of the land.
- 1:00pm: Peruvian plant powered lunch
- 2:00-5:00pm: Free time to explore the grounds or schedule glorious bodywork sessions.
- 6:00 pm: Ayahuasca Ceremony
Day 3: 15th Nov
Rest and Recharge/Excursion
- 8:00-9:30am: Energizing Empowering Shakti Yoga and Bastrika pranayam
- 9:30am: Delicious local, plant based Peruvian breakfast
- 11:00am-6:00pm: The Trip to Pisac is a beautiful 45 minute drive from The Source. A small town famous for it’s artisan market and curiosity shops. It is a perfect spot to wander amongst the locals and find artisanal souvenirs, such as handmade clothing, shamanic stones, rugs and chocolate. The Incan ruins sit above the town and show the ancient Andean farming technology, architecture and living quarters. We will spend a 4-6 hours, touring, shopping and enjoying the scenery. A light packed lunch will be provided.
- 6:30pm: Delicious Detox Dinner
- 8:00pm: Ayahuasca Ceremony Debrief/Huachuma Ceremony preparation
Day 4: 16th Nov
- 8:00-9:30am: Qi Gong and Self-Awakening yoga
- 9:30am: Light pre ceremony breakfast with intention setting
- 11:00am: Huachuma Ceremony
- 3:00pm: Traditional Andean Sweat Lodge. Prepared by local shamans with medicine herbs, chanting and hot stones, this is a once in a lifetime experience. The Andean sweat tradition has been passed down from shaman to shaman for thousands of years... It couldn’t get more authentic than this.
- 6:30pm: Nourishing plant based Dinner
- 7:30pm: Integration, Free Time
Day 5: 17th Nov
- 8:00am: Heart chakra opening yoga flow
- 9:00am: Workshop: Chocolate as medicine, the sacred history of Cacao. Cacao ceremony, sound bath, discussion with Mike Wagner on sacred sound and vibrational activation. Expressive arts and sharing circle (drawing, mandalas, music, poetry & movement).
- 12:30pm: Delicious Local, Plant based Peruvian brunch feast. Afternoon is free / optional guided plant walk & nature meditation.
- 2:00-5:00pm: Optional Excursion (Salt Mines/Moray), Bodywork sessions can be booked during this time
- 6:30pm: Peruvian Plant Dinner
- 7:30-8:30pm: Evening Meditation
Day 6: 18th Nov
- 8:00-9:30am: Energizing Empowering Yoga Flow
- 9:30am: Delicious breakfast buffet
- 11:00am: Workshop - Self-care, daily practices, simple techniques for thriving health
- 12:00pm: Plant powered lunch
- 2:00-5:00pm: Ceremony preparation
- 6:00pm: Ayahuasca
Day 7: 19th Nov
Rest and Recharge
- 8:00-9:00am: Gentle morning yoga flow
- 9:00-10:00am: Hearty breakfast buffet
- 11:00am: Workshop
- 12:30pm: Delicious plant powered lunch
- 1:30pm-6:30pm: Optional Excursion to Laras Hot Springs
- 7:00pm: Peruvian amazing plant powered dinner
- 8:00pm: Ceremony debrief
Day 8: 20th Nov
- 8:00-9:00am: Morning yoga
- 9:30am: Delicious Peruvian breakfast buffet
- 11:00am: Departure and Machu Picchu transfers